Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Back to the 70's.

I really wish I live at the 70's. Though Martial Law was declared at 1972, I still think that people at that time were cool. The fashion, music and stuffs. I really want to have a time machine and go back then. Just hearing my father's story of how he's 70's was makes me love it (though it is not far from 60's and 80's).

The thing that I love the most about the 70's is their music. My favorite old school band (influenced by my father of course) Earth, Wind and Fire started at that decade. And not just them. There are lots of bands and artists that had the pinnacle of their success at this decade.

(These are the artists I know and I love)
  1. Beatles
  2. The Carpenters
  3. America
  4. Stevie Wonder
  5. Elton John
  6. Rolling Stones
  7. The Eagles
  8. The Queen
  9. Bee Gees
  10. Bob Marley
  11. Al Green
  12. Rod Stewart
  13. The Beach Boys
  14. Elvis Presley
  15. James Taylor
  16. Dianna Ross
  17. Don Mclean
  18. Carole King
  19. Asin
  20. Apo Hiking Society

My father used to play songs by most of these artists every morning since I was a child until now, and I used to like them too.

The other thing i love about the 70’s is the fashion. And when you say 70’s, you’ll always think of RETRO. Yes, I love Retro. I love vintage.





All the florals, checkereds, shapes, dresses, hair styles, accessories and shoes. Damn, they are all mouth watering.

And not just those things. Environment back at the 70’s was not as messed up as now. My father once told me that people before were disciplined. Luneta, Baywalk and other known places in the Manila were clean that people not only from Manila but from other places would love to stay.

Sometimes, the narrow minded me feels so unlucky that I have to live at the time where everything seems like scruffy. Though I should be thankful, that I still have the chance to live and experience how wonderful God’s greatest give can be.

I just wish that things can be as cool as the 70’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment